The Marketing Manager is responsible for the smooth operation of The Folklore’s brand marketing and community-building activity, including Social Media, Brand Activations, Content and Events. Candidates should possess 5-7 years of relevant Marketing experience, alongside a strong understanding of digital marketing channels, the ability to understand topline business objectives/KPIs and their relation to marketing activity, strong attention to detail, an analytical eye for data trends and a keen interest in the African and global retail industry.
Remuneration: base + equity
Location: Remote (South Africa)
Reports to: Associate Director, Marketing & Partnerships
- Lead social media and community management strategy to engage and grow our B2B audience.
- Create and manage the social media calendar based on monthly and quarterly themes and objectives, managing an external design agency to ensure all social media aesthetics are consistent.
- Collaborate with Copy Editor to produce clean and engaging social copy.
- Create briefs and manage production requirements for brand partner content.
- Plan and execute brand awareness and community activations including events, podcasts, webinars and digital conferences.
- Create and optimize brand partner newsletters to keep our brand community up to date with insights, retail and opportunities.
- Strategize, identify and plan event tabling opportunities and showrooms at international Trade Shows and wholesale events, collaborating with the Retail Sales team to execute on-ground.
- Manage the retail publication affiliate program to incentivize trade media partners and drive leads
- Stay up to date with competitor activity and retail industry news, feeding information back to wider team in a tangible format.
- Manage weekly and monthly marketing reports to feed performance and analysis back to wider team.
- Management of marketing interns.
Who You Are
- A driven indidivuals that takes initiative, can work well independently and can make adjustments when necessary.